Hello Heroes!

I’m Kimberly. I am a public servant in New York City, where I am part of a city initiative that helps homeless families and individuals with findings viable permanent housing within the five boroughs of New York City (which can prove to be quite a challenge these days). I work mostly with the immigrant population, and marginalized groups, such as homeless veterans, low-income families, single mothers, survivors of domestic violence, and HASA (HIV-AIDS Services Administration) beneficiaries. On top of this, I also worked for the immigration services of the New Zealand government, and aided with relief efforts for Supertyphoon Haiyan in 2013.

I am excited to do more good work here. I will do my best to contribute as much as I can to this initiative!

Hi! My name is Greg and I live in York. I am mainly a java server developer but I like to do a bit of JavaScript too.

welcome @GregR you’ll probably be most interested in the Meteor Maps thread where we are building the Brighter Tomorrow Map and Gathering Map (identical codebase with different text)

its build in Meteor, and i’m sure the more experienced developers than me will be happy to get you started: